Thursday, September 16, 2010

i haven’t updated in a while, mostly because i’ve been extremely busy, but also because i didn’t have anything much to talk about. but now that i have calmed things down i have an exciting announcement to make, I’M MOVED INTO A NEW PLACE!! i now live in a small studio apartment off campus, no roommates, just me and a cozy place. i will be adding a few pictures of the place so that you can see how it’s turned out.

i spent most of the summer searching out pieces of furniture to add to my new place, and i have to say that i am pleased and a little surprised with my decorating skills. my place is classically girly, no bright pinks and vibrant patterns here! i picked a color palate with a lot of neutral tans and added slate blues and a few greens to make some pops of colors. the piece that i am most proud of would have to be the desk that i bought after i moved in. i hadn’t anticipated having the added space in front of the window that is created by the sunken wall. i feel that the desk completes the room by throwing a dark color to anchor that wall, without it there would have only been a large bright window. also, my zebra print chair adds a nice contrast to the designs on the front.

let me know your thoughts on my posts by emailing me at: emma.elizabeth.w@gmail.com , the comments button does not work. or send me a message on facebook if that is where you accessed this blog. i’d love to hear some reactions!

No comments:

Post a Comment