Friday, April 6, 2012

make-up storage

to be entirely honest, my make-up storage has stayed looking just as it did during my dorm days, and i've been looking for a way to make it more 'adult'. and i finally found it!! i'll share my steps with pictures and explain as i go!

i bought this jewelry box from target for around $30. it has perfect sized compartments, and the only
change i made was to tear out the ring/earring tubing in the bottom drawer

then i lined it with some feminine scrapbook paper that i had left over from a project a while back, and it was ready to go!

...he was begging for a picture and was put out that i was giving my attention to the strange white box, so he rolled around in protest until i took some pictures of him...

this was my previous storage system. a bit flimsy, not girly, and everything piled up on each other

**disclaimer: this new box makes it look like i have TONS more make-up than i do**
perfect!! plenty of storage on top for my lipglosses/nail polishes/things i use daily

here's the first drawer, i put my naked palette from urban decay and stored some bare essentials product that i haven't been using for a bit but want to hold onto

bottom drawer is for all my random eyeshadows

and here's a pretty picture of my pink nail polishes :)

i'm really pleased with the way it turned out!! such an easy way to dress up my storage and give my bathroom/make-up a much needed upgrade!!



No comments:

Post a Comment